How Successful Cloud Migration Can Assist Your Businesses
Posted By : Anmol Kalra | 29-Oct-2021
The existing company operating models are being reshaped to achieve a new level of flexibility, agility, productivity, and secure end-user coverage from supply chain to distribution.
Cloud technology and Cloud based applications has become a key driving factor in the transformation of the corporate ecosystem and is at the core of this transformation. This is especially becoming true in recent years, as it has developed rapidly, becoming more reliable, scalable, and versatile.
Although cloud-based solutions are already in use, the acceleration in adoption caused by the pandemic has pushed adherents and slow adopters to the edge.
According to Forrester Research, the global cloud computing industry is expected to grow to USD 832.1 billion by 2025. In 2021, the global public cloud infrastructure market will grow by 35% to 120 billion U.S. dollars.
Let's look at the three key factors of cloud adoption.
Reduce costs-Migrating to the cloud can increase efficiency while reducing operating costs. By reducing hardware support, improving manageability, and simplifying operations, you can save 20% to 30% on a virtual machine (VM) resource configuration only.
Improve safety-Looking ahead, safety will continue to be the top priority. Organizations can upgrade their IT infrastructure and protect their applications from malicious hackers by moving to the cloud.
Achieve a scalable environment—The cloud allows organizations to move away from servers that are usually underutilized, allowing them to scale up and down as needed.
Note- Many business leaders believe that the cloud is what secures their enterprises. However, the cloud enables organizations to put into effect the security protocols, governance, and compliance measures that they require for their specific operations.
Accessibility-Because all your data is stored in the cloud, you can access it no matter what happens to your physical device. Moving to the cloud also means that your team members will be able to access critical data and business information from any device, anywhere in the world. This provides a lot of room for your company to grow while still meeting operational needs.
Which cloud integration service model would be beneficial for your needs?
Now that you've decided to test the cloud, you'll need to determine which cloud computing service model you want to use. The following are the most popular service models:
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Alibaba Cloud. This model is perfect for businesses that don't mind hosting their applications in third-party data centers but outsource the management of their physical infrastructure. So they can concentrate on deploying, building, and observing their applications.
- PaaS: Platform as a Service (PaaS), such as AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Google App Engine, MongoDB Cloud. If you want the portability of cloud application development, you only need to put the code into a powerful PaaS platform that provides a complete (and transparent) infrastructure environment. You need to deploy the top layer of the program, and in some cases only deploy the application binary files, because PaaS comes pre-installed with most of the required runtime software.
- SaaS: Software as a service, such as Google G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, NetSuite, Kaltura. It is a subscription-based licensing model for centralized hosting of effective software.
Best Practices for a Smooth Migration to the Cloud
- Create a detailed migration strategy that includes both use cases and corporate goals.
- Determine whether or not your current workload is suited for the cloud.
- Create a comprehensive cloud governance structure that includes explicit, policy-based rules.
- Design cloud architecture and map out the resources required before starting the transfer process.
- Examine and monitor the cloud migration process from beginning to conclusion, as well as the post-migration period.
Cloud migration is a mission-critical operation that requires careful consideration of a variety of factors, including sophisticated business decisions and meticulous technical checklists.
A cloud integration service transfer that isn't properly planned and implemented may lower workload performance, resulting in higher IT costs and undermining the key benefits of cloud integration services.
Are you ready to boost your Business?
Take advantage of our 360-degree cloud application development services to safeguard and streamline the development of your app.
We, Oodles Technologies, deliver a tight migration with live capture and incremental data sync, minimizing downtime and ensuring no lock-in worries reducing time and investment cost. To discuss your requirements, drop us a line!