Analyzing Metaverse Experiences And Its Potential Applications
Posted By : Priyansha Singh | 27-Jan-2022
Metaverse Experiences And The Potential Applications
Presently, we interact with the internet via the screens of our smartphones, tablet devices, and laptops. We browse the internet but aren't engrossed in it.
Now consider a virtual space in which you have your own 3D avatar. You can spend time with your buddies and do almost everything else you'd do in real life. Play video games, attend concerts or even go shopping. It's an entire world that exists alongside the real world.
This parallel virtual world is the Metaverse.
We aren't yet in a real metaverse, but many means to experience the metaverse are already accessible. Some of it may be accessed with augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technology to fully engage users in the digital realm. AR integrates the physical and digital worlds, either via AR goggles that modify what you are seeing or by manipulating what you are seeing on the screen of your smart devices. Virtual reality (VR) is a virtual experience that can be identical to or distinct from reality. Some highly developed technologies even have sensors that transform your gestures and facial expressions to your virtual avatar.
Some organizations are wagering that these captivating experiences are the future of the internet. In fact, in 2021, 58.9 million Americans have used a virtual reality headset at least once per month. This is an increase of 16 million over 2019.
What Does The Today’s Metaverse Look Like?
The concept of the metaverse is not novel. Elements of it can be found on various prominent platforms:
- Second Life, which was launched in 2003, is a digital world with its own towns and economy that is aimed at persons aged 16 and up. Linden Lab, the developers of Second Life, says that the site has 900,000 active monthly active users.
- Roblox, which was introduced in 2006, allows users to create and play online games. It has its own currency as well as its own economy. Its primary audience includes mostly children.
- Minecraft, which was released in 2011, is mostly focused on younger audiences. It offers an interactive world sandbox atmosphere that nurtures creativity and enables a limitless gaming experience. Its low - technology needs imply that players do not need the most up-to-date devices to play, which has led to its success.
- Fortnite, which premiered in 2017 as free gameplay, now hosts entire virtual contests with millions of contestants. Fortnite users spent roughly over 3 billion hours alone in April 2021.
- Horizon Workrooms is a virtual office space from Facebook that is available from 2021. Colleagues can meet, collaborate on smartboards, and so on. Horizon Workrooms also includes a dial-in option, allowing coworkers without VR gear to appear on a screen in the virtual environment.
- Meta, launched in 2021 with the goal of bringing the metaverse to life and assisting people in connecting, finding communities, and growing enterprises. It will allow its users to have immersive experiences with others even when they are unable to be physically present.
Metaverse Possible Applications
- Video Games: We now have video games, which are components of the metaverse, but they will become more vivid and tailored by an upsurge in creators.
Roblox and Unity are two platforms that have revolutionized game development by allowing millions of artists to deliver games.
- Social Experiences: The metaverse which is based on advanced tech will allow us to socialize through activities instead of just sharing photographs and links.
- Immersive E-Commerce: Envision your customers accessing the metaverse. They could digitally test products, try out other possibilities, or communicate with support personnel.
Vr technology can even assist businesses in providing client experiences in the metaverse that they would be unable to provide in the actual world.
- Collaboration: We already communicate using applications like Zoom, Discord, and Slack. However, increased immersiveness in the future will allow employees to participate in ways that are currently difficult to achieve with existing technologies.
- Travel: Travel is amongst the most expensive and environmentally damaging industries. In the future, the metaverse may allow us to virtually explore some of the world's finest fascinating locations.
- Architecture And Automotive: NVIDIA's Omniverse is establishing an interoperable collaborative platform where architects, engineers, and artists may collaborate to design locations. Just like architecture, the metaverse will provide a cooperative, communal space for vehicle creation. It will provide a simulation platform for testing automobiles, particularly driverless vehicles.
- Online Learning: During the COVID-19 pandemic, we struggled to substitute schooling via Zoom and Google Meet Classroom, but our technological alternatives were restricted.
That will eventually change as the metaverse alters schooling into a more comprehensive social experience. It will empower brilliant instructors from all over the world to lead by providing them with tools for their creativity. Everything from traditional schooling to corporate training to skill-based learning will be impacted.
Also Read: Illustrating Top Megatrends That Shape The Future of Metaverse
What Might The Future Metaverse Look Like?
There is no single entity that owns the internet. Every website is a mini-island of itself. Internet users navigate between the various islands of social networking sites, banking, shopping, journalism, online collaboration, and other services.
The metaverse's purpose is to offer a comparable experience but in a virtual world. Instead of ending a meeting in Microsoft Mesh, then signing off and login back into Second Life to hangout out with pals, users could do it all in the same virtual reality. You may work on a project with coworkers in one section of the metaverse, then visit a virtual dealership to inspect the newly launched product. There could also be the possibility of creating your own experiences. You would be free to explore and create in the metaverse.
You might even be able to engage in a virtual economy. You might purchase virtual real estate or amass a collection of digital things in the form of non-fungible tokens (NFT). Anyone who has played a game with digital cash is already familiar with online purchasing experiences. Cryptocurrency is frequently acquired with real-world money. Users are indeed equipped for investing real money in digital environments based on existing video games and other platforms.
The internet is based on standards and technology that are open to the public. Anybody can create a website. The metaverse services will also need to be developed on open standards and technologies in order for businesses to have control over what they generate.
The metaverse is the internet's successor. We don't know when or how the metaverse will emerge, but it's definitely on the road. Even if we don't know exactly what it will look like though.
An increasing percentage of creators are combining, integrating, and linking, embracing a new era of creator-oriented tools. It will lead you to realms you never thought possible.
If you are looking to implement metaverse services in your business, connect with our experts. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Priyansha is a talented Content Writer with a strong command of her craft. She has honed her skills in SEO content writing, technical writing, and research, making her a versatile writer. She excels in creating high-quality content that is optimized for search engines, ensuring maximum visibility. She is also adept at producing clear and concise technical documentation tailored to various audiences. Her extensive experience across different industries has given her a deep understanding of technical concepts, allowing her to convey complex information in a reader-friendly manner. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures that her content is accurate and free of errors. She has successfully contributed to a wide range of projects, including NitroEX, Precise Lighting, Alneli, Extra Property, Flink, Blue Ribbon Technologies, CJCPA, Script TV, Poly 186, and Do It All Steel. Priyansha's collaborative nature shines through as she works seamlessly with digital marketers and designers, creating engaging and informative content that meets project goals and deadlines.