UI and UX Testing
Posted By : Sumita Goswami | 10-May-2021
What is UI?
User interface (UI) is all things a user may connect with to use a digital creation or service. This includes each thing from screens, keyboards, and lights. To adapt to the change of UI, all the same, it’s applicable to gain some more about its history and how it has emerged into the best handle and work.
Scope of UI testing:
- Data type errors: The test checks that only exact data can be entered for particular data fields like dates, currency, etc.
- Field widths: The test ensures that only some text fields do not grant the user to place the login over a definite aspect check.
- Navigational aspects: The test checks that all natatory keys on a page are working and that they redirect people to the exact page.
Creation of UI test scenarios:
The test script has to take into report the following prospects:
- The user mentions an original username and password
- The user mentions an original username and invalid password
- The user emigrates the password
- The user seeks to imitate the password from the password field
- The user seeks to imitate the password to the password field
- User clicks on the help knob
Other than that these are few tools that help in our UI testing, like RAPISE by Inflectra, Abbot Java GUI Test Framework, AutoIt UI testing, CubicTest, eggPlant UI automation testing, FitNesse, and Ascentialtest.
What is UX?
User experience, or UX, arose as a conclusion of the differences to UI. Once there was preservation for people to cooperate with, their practice, even if positive, negative, or neutral, alternated how people felt about those changes.
Scope of UX testing
- Where do I click next?
- Which page needs to be managed?
- Which Icon or slang delivers what?
- Error messages are not dependable or finally shown.
- Period time not acceptable.
UX Testing Checklist
The elementary goal of this testing is to find decisive usability issues before the application is released. These things have to be taken care of to make a testing process successful:
- Outset the UX testing process during the early stage of designing and development
- It is a good technique to handle usability testing on client applications before we begin development. This will help us regulate usability measures for the target audience.
- Choose the relevant people to test the system.
- Testers are required to concentrate on crucial & mostly used functionalities of the application.
- select a single onlooker for each tester. This helps the overlooker to precisely note down the tester's conduct. If an overlooker is assigned to multiple testers, results might be easygoing.
Difference between UI and UX
At the most primitive level, UI is built up of each component that approves some people to combine with creation or assistance. UX, on the other side, is what the particular interaction with that product or services takes away from the outright practice
Usability testing Advantages:
- It helps bring to light usability issues before the application is released.
- It helps better end-user achievement
- It makes the system highly active and productive
Usability testing disadvantages:
- The amount is a major discussion in usability testing.
- It takes lots of belongings to build up a Usability Testing Laboratory.
- Hiring and administering usability testers can also be extravagant