Introduction to Selenium RC
Posted By : Pooja Kumari | 01-Jun-2020
Selenium RC is a framework and one of the most important components in the selenium-based quality assurance services test suite which provides the functionality of writing any test cases in programming languages. A QA engineer or a developer can write test cases in any programming language so that UI tests for web application against any HTTP website can be done automatically.
Components of RC are:
1. Selenium server: Selenium server is used to launch and kill browsers, interprets, and are used to run the commands which are passed from the test program. IT acts as an HTTP proxy which intercepts and verify HTTP message that passed between the browser and AUT.
2. Client libraries: Client libraries are used to provide an interface between each programming language and the selenium RC server.
Webdriver VS Selenium RC:
1. Architecture: As selenium RC uses an intermediate RC server to communicate with the browser so it has a more complicated structure.While in Webdriver the browser is directly controlled from OS.
2. Speed: As selenium Webdriver directly interacts with the browser without any external proxy server while RC uses an intermediate RC server to communicate with the browser so Selenium Webdriver is faster than Selenium RC.
3. Testing mobile applications: Selenium RC doesn't support the testing of mobile applications while selenium Webdriver supports OS for mobile applications.
4. Object-oriented: As Selenium Webdriver entirely based on object-oriented programming languages like JAVA, C#, etc. So selenium web driver is object-oriented API whereas Selenium RC is less object-oriented API then Selenium Web driver.
5. Browser Support:- Headless HTMLUNit browser supported by Selenium Webdriver while Selenium RC doesn't support a headless HTML browser.
Limitation of RC selenium:
1. It has complicated Architecture.
3. In selenium RC, API's are less object-oriented.
4. Selenium RC doesn't provide support for headless HTMLUnit browsers.
We, at Oodles Technologies, provide end-to-end quality assurance services to optimize app performance and fix bugs and critical software glitches. Our team of QA engineers is experienced in using advanced testing tools and agile methodologies to perform a variety of test procedures including automation testing, regression testing, unity testing, performance testing, and accessibility testing.