Importance of ERP Testing For Quality Assurance
Posted By : Harshita Tiwari | 26-Mar-2020
Before we start to learn about ERP testing, we need to have the domain knowledge of the ERP systems and ERP development services.
What is Enterprise Resource Planning?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. If an enterprise or organization is planning to increase productivity and efficiency by integrating the Resources. There are available types of Resources are Man, Machine, Method and Materials. It helps to integrate all these different systems like Financials, Human Resources, Inventory management, etc, in one place in a way that enables the easy flow of data and information from one system to another.
What Is ERP Testing?
ERP testing is the procedure of verifying the functioning of your ERP software solution during implementation. ERP testing is a quality assurance process design to ensure the ERP system is correctly implemented and operational before the full launch. It is an essential part of ERP software development services and must be performed diligently to ensure seamless performance of ERP software systems.
Techniques that are used to test ERP Software?
- Functional Testing: This follows the same technique that is used in any other software to perform functional testing but the difference in ERP testing needs in-depth functional and domain knowledge in the software and the company policies.
- Integration Testing: In integration testing, the individual software modules are combined and tested as a group.
- Load Testing: Putting the load on the software and determine how your application behaves under both normal and anticipated peak load conditions.
- Installation Testing: To verify the ERP application is having any issue at the time of installation or post-installation.
What Is The ERP Testing Process?
Testing the ERP software application is different from testing the other software because the ERP is the domain-specific and organization-specific software. ERP testing follows these steps:
- Setup the testing environment according to your requirements.
- Identify the business process to be tested.
- Prepare the Test Plan according to the feature.
- Prepare the Test suites and Test cases for every module that is available on the system.
- Prepare the quality metrics so that any business requirement is not to be left while performing the testing.
- Prepare the Risk management and Risk mitigation plan.
- Test Manually: After the implementation is done the ERP experts check throughout the system to verify the existing functionality and operations are implemented correctly or not.
- Define the Test reporting tool so that any issue found to be registered.
- User Test: this is performed by the actual users who are going to be using the ERP test system by performing relevant everyday tasks.
In the ERP system, the feature and functionality are customized as per the client requirements, the modified impact will be on multiple modules and systems. The testing team should represent every change and prepare the testing road-maps with a checklist for ERP testing.