Hybrid Cloud Management: Things You Need To Know
Posted By : Priyansha Singh | 08-Jul-2021
Everything You Need To Know About Hybrid Cloud Data Management
While many enterprises are shifting to the cloud, there exists some need to keep at least some of the operations and data stored in on-premise data centers. Public cloud solutions such as Software as a Service (SaaS) computing tools and environments are scalable and affordable, however, they can be limited with respect to compatibility with security compliance requirements or legacy applications.
On the other hand, some organizations have the crucial resources to sustain an on-premise architecture that is enough to house all the existing operations. It is pre-eminent especially if they manage dynamic workloads and need to be able to scale down and up with reliability and ease. Instead of entirely giving up the security and control afforded by a data center or private cloud, businesses can amalgamate these environments with public cloud solutions.
Hybrid cloud data management provides the best of both worlds, but it can often be complex to handle. This is the reason why it is essential to have an effective strategy in place for maintaining cloud environments and reap the benefits of management tools and technologies whenever possible. In this article, we will discuss the advantages and key applications of hybrid cloud management with their capabilities and examples.
What is Hybrid Cloud?
The hybrid cloud is a single system that blends various cloud environments, particularly public and private. A hybrid cloud is subsequently backed by software that assists in handling and automating workloads, enabling enterprises to seamlessly function across public and on-premises cloud environments.
The concept and application of a hybrid cloud are largely associated with multi-cloud, which is the conjunction of two or more public clouds powered by different vendors. The two terms are often used interchangeably.
Also Read: Industry 4.0 And The Adoption Of Technologies
Features of Hybrid Cloud Management
Hybrid cloud data management is indubitably complex. Beyond the involvement of technical aspects, it needs a thorough understanding of end-user requirements, security, and governance. Here are some of the crucial considerations and highlighting features of successful hybrid cloud data management.
- Deployment and release orchestration- supporting CI/CD and DevOps workflows by enabling developers to automate deployment for the test, dev, and production environments.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)- enabling end-users to consume databases and various other common infrastructure elements as a managed service.
- Service aggregation- reflecting applications and services running on various cloud environments in one place and permitting you to manage all the data as a single unit.
- Cost-management- enabling you to maximize your ROI while setting flexible policies for cost across cloud solutions. For instance, by shifting data to the cost-effective and affordable storage option.
- Self-service- enabling users to consume, deploy, and terminate workloads without stressing about the underlying architecture.
- Cost & workload analytics- offering actionable and rich data insights about the amount incurred by cloud providers and analyzing what is running on the hybrid cloud.
- Integration and APIs- making it effective and seamless to integrate the hybrid cloud with current development tools and enterprise systems, both in the cloud as well as on-premises.
- Workload migration- offering low-risk, fast, and automated options for aligning and moving workloads from public to private cloud environments and vice versa.
Hybrid Cloud Data Management With Oodles Technologies
Without any assistance from reliable and proficient management solutions, hybrid cloud infrastructures can be tedious to handle. We, at Oodles Technologies, let you manage your data with maximum ease in private and public storage that can be integrated with multiple clouds, third-party, and migration services. Our team will assist you in automatically verifying and encrypting your data, facilitating analytics and search through custom metadata tags. We will help you store enterprise data efficiently and securely, so you can put your focus on your actual business and get the most out of hybrid cloud data management. If you are looking to implement cloud application development solutions, feel free to drop us a line.
Priyansha is a talented Content Writer with a strong command of her craft. She has honed her skills in SEO content writing, technical writing, and research, making her a versatile writer. She excels in creating high-quality content that is optimized for search engines, ensuring maximum visibility. She is also adept at producing clear and concise technical documentation tailored to various audiences. Her extensive experience across different industries has given her a deep understanding of technical concepts, allowing her to convey complex information in a reader-friendly manner. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures that her content is accurate and free of errors. She has successfully contributed to a wide range of projects, including NitroEX, Precise Lighting, Alneli, Extra Property, Flink, Blue Ribbon Technologies, CJCPA, Script TV, Poly 186, and Do It All Steel. Priyansha's collaborative nature shines through as she works seamlessly with digital marketers and designers, creating engaging and informative content that meets project goals and deadlines.