How To Create Epic in JIRA
Posted By : Rashmi Verma | 06-Jun-2016
Jira is an extensively used quality testing tool that enables QA engineers to conduct agile software testing and bug tracking. It provides access to a variety of testing techniques to perform 360-degree software testing and performance optimization.
Jira has become increasingly popular in modern-day quality assurance services because of its unique features and testing methodologies. This blog post will provide you a basic overview of a body of work called Epic and its significance in Jira-based quality assurance services.
What is EPIC in JIRA?
Epic captures the large body of work or story that can be subdivided into the number of smaller stories. It may take several sprints to complete an Epic. In other words, we can also say that it is the main module in Jira as all types of small issues in a module are related to EPIC.
Also Read Tips For Improving The Efficiency of DevOps Processes
How To Create an EPIC In JIRA?
Below are essential steps that a QA engineer must follow to create an Epic in Jira:
- Log in to JIRA account.
- On the navigation bar click on the Agile drop down and select your preferred board from the resulting list of the dropdown.
- Your Board will be displayed on the main screen.
- Click on the PLAN.
- On the top right of the Epics, panel click on the “+” or create button.
- A prompt window will open to create an issue of the type “EPIC”.
- Enter the name which you should remember and should describe the issue in short. This will be displayed everywhere.
- A new epic is added to your board’s epics panel
After following the aforementioned steps, you should be able to successfully create an Epic in Jira. Hope you find this blog useful. If you have any other queries related to the subject, then please let us know in the comment section below. If you are looking for Jira-based quality assurance services for your development project, you can contact us here.
Rashmi is a ISTQB Certified QA Engineer and with skills in Testing.