How Can Successful Cloud Migration Benefit Enterprises
Posted By : Priyansha Singh | 18-Jun-2021
How Can Successful Cloud Migration Benefit Enterprises?
The existing company operating models are being reinvented to achieve new levels of resilience, agility, productivity, and secure end-user reach, ranging from supply chains to distribution. Cloud technology, which has become a crucial facilitator in transforming the corporate ecosystem, lies at the heart of this transformation. This is especially true in recent years, as it has swiftly grown, becoming more dependable, scalable, and versatile.
While cloud-based solutions were already in use, the pandemic-induced acceleration in adoption has pushed holdouts and slow adopters over the edge. According to Forrester Research, the worldwide cloud computing industry is predicted to grow to USD 832.1 billion by 2025. With the worldwide public cloud infrastructure market growing by 35% to USD 120 billion in 2021.
Let's look at three key factors for cloud adoption.
Reducing expenses- Migrating to the cloud improves efficiency while lowering operational costs. You may save 20 to 30% on virtual machine (VM) resource configuration alone by reducing hardware support, increasing manageability, and streamlining operations.
Achieving a scalable environment- The cloud allows organizations to move away from servers that are typically underutilized, allowing them to scale up and down as needed.
Improved Security- Going forward, security will remain a top priority. Organizations may upgrade their IT infrastructure and safeguard their apps from hostile hacking attempts by shifting to the cloud.
Note- Many business leaders believe that the cloud is what secures their enterprises. However, the cloud enables organizations to put into effect the security protocols, governance, and compliance measures that they require for their specific operations.
Accessibility- Because all of your data is saved on the cloud, you can access it regardless of what happens to your physical equipment. Migrating to the cloud also means that members of your team will be able to access critical data and business information from any device, anywhere in the globe. This gives your company a lot of room to develop and develop while still satisfying operational demands.
How Difficult is a Cloud Migration?
Most firms choose a public cloud architecture to migrate their data, apps, and information from a private server or on-premises data center. Each business, like each cloud migration process, is unique. The quantity of resources provided in each project determines the difficulty of cloud migration. Business services, web/mobile apps, IoT, edge servers, CRM support systems, productivity software, enterprise databases, remote desktops, SD-WAN, network administration tools, and other platforms may all be moved to the cloud.
AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Google, and Oracle are few examples of public cloud hosts that provide organizations with high-speed fiber-optic internet connections across various data centers around the world. They have also boosted the quantity of programming, web development, and mobile application support services on their platforms. For your cloud-based company operations, this implies additional support, speed, and dependability.
Also Read: Top Emerging SaaS Trends You Should Watch Out in 2021
What cloud integration service model do you need?
Now that you've decided to test the cloud, you'll need to determine which cloud computing service model you want to use. The following are the most popular service models:
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, Alibaba Cloud. This model is ideal for businesses that don't mind hosting their applications in third-party data centers but would rather outsource the management of their physical infrastructure. So they can focus on building, deploying, and monitoring their applications.
- PaaS: Platform as a Service such as AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Google App Engine, MongoDB cloud. If you prefer your cloud application development to be portable, just put your code into a robust PaaS platform that provides a complete (and transparent) infrastructure environment. You simply need to deploy the uppermost layer of your program, in some cases only the application binaries, because PaaS comes preloaded with most of the runtime necessary software.
- SaaS: Software as a Service such as Google G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, NetSuite, Kaltura. It is a subscription-based licensing model for centrally hosted productivity software.
Best Practices for a Seamless Cloud Migration
- Map out a comprehensive migration strategy that outlines both use cases and business objectives.
- Identify and understand existing workload is suitable for the cloud.
- Develop a solid cloud governance framework with clear, policy-based regulations.
- Before initiating the process of migration, design cloud architecture and map out the resources required.
- Carefully examine and monitor the end-to-end process of cloud migration and post-migration phase.
Cloud migration is a mission-critical process that necessitates the consideration of a number of elements, including complex business choices and thorough technical checklists. A transfer without sufficient planning and implementation might reduce workload performance, resulting in greater IT expenses and negating the major benefits of cloud integration services.
Are you ready to make your company more dynamic? Avail our 360-degree cloud application development services to protect and streamline your app’s development. We provide tight migration, minimizing downtime with live capture and incremental data sync, ensuring no lock-in concerns, thus reducing time and investment cost. To discuss your requirements, drop us a line!