Groestlcoin Node Setup: How to Setup
Posted By : Rohit Godara | 30-Apr-2019
Groestlcoin could be a cryptocurrency that incorporates a ticker GRS and appeared in 2014 as a result of the fork of Bitcoin. The creators of the project are convinced that decentralization could be a key condition for the success of any coin, and it ought to be supported by as several personal miners as doable, instead of massive pools or mining corporations.
Groestlcoin uses a mixed consensus methodology - POW and PoS. Proof-of-Work works victimization the Groestl formula, that effectively counteracts ASIC mining. In turn, Proof-of-Stake is used for cryptocurrency mining - just by storing funds on the account, users will get about 2% per annum.
How to set up a Groestlcoin main net node.
The following were tested in Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04, some dependencies can be different in other distros
1. aptitude update -y && aptitude upgrade -y && apt-get update -y && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
2. dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1M count=4096
3. mkswap /swapfile
4. swapon /swapfile
5. gedit /etc/fstab
write : "/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0"
6. sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libdb5.3 libdb5.3-dev libdb5.3++-dev libtool automake libevent-dev bsdmainutils -y
7. sudo apt-get install git ntp make g++ gcc autoconf cpp ngrep iftop sysstat autotools-dev pkg-config libminiupnpc-dev libzmq3-dev -y
8. git clone https://github.com/groestlcoin/groestlcoin
9. cd groestlcoin
13. strip src/groestlcoind src/groestlcoin-cli src/groestlcoin-tx
14. sudo mv src/groestlcoind src/groestlcoin-cli src/groestlcoin-tx /usr/bin
15. mkdir ~/.groestlcoin
16. nano ~/.groestlcoin/groestlcoin.conf
set below given configurations in the config file:
17. Crtl+o enter,
18. ctrl X
Now let the server sync it will take around 2 to 3 hours once the server is synched with groestlcoin blockchain we can verify if the node is synched or not by using below given commands.
To check groestlcoin network information
To check groestlcoin blockchain informations
Rohit is always ready to face challenges and likes to work with full dedication and coordination. He is always eager to learn new technologies so as to develop his skills and knowledge.