Facing issue while running hive from CLI
Posted By : Md Qasim Siddiqui | 09-Jun-2015
Hi freinds in this blog I want to share my experience of using hive. Most of the new user who want to use latest hive with hadoop run into the following two problems
1) whenever user give 'hive' command it throws error showing refused connection
2) java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class jline.Terminal, but interface was expected
To avoid 1 error user should confirm following points
* hadoop namenode should be formated
* run hadoop command after formatting
* check wheather all services are running using JPS command
* make /tmp and /user/hive/warehouse directories in hdfs
But in this blog i am little more interested in second point , most of the new users struggle at this point but it is very easy if user know its cause.
Actually hive works with hadoop and Hive has upgraded to Jline2 but jline 0.9x exists in the Hadoop lib.
So go to the hadoop lib and delete 0.9x and then run hive command from CLI , then your hive will work properly
lib path : $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/lib