Exploring The Fusion Of Nodejs and Microservices To Develop An App
Posted By : Abhinav Srivastava | 09-Dec-2020
Unlike monolithic architecture, which was like a large container wherein every software component of an application was assembled and tightly packaged, we have microservices.
A monolithic architecture has the following disadvantages viz. large & complex applications, slow development, not scalable, reliable, and flexible. Talking about microservices, it is an architectural style that structures an application as a collection of small autonomous services, modeled around a business domain. In simple terms, it is a self-contained process that avails unique and different business capabilities.
In microservices, large business applications get to break up into a set of small, simple applications or services. They are easy to test & maintain, deploy independently, and have loose coupling. All in all, it is a business-oriented approach to software development. As a mobile app development company, we are well-equipped to develop a microservices-based app for our clients.
Connection Between Node.js and Microservices
Node.js and Microservices forge a deep connection as Node came into existence to ease the development of microservices-based applications. One can also understand from the name that apps build in the node will be made up of multiple small distributed nodes. In short, in Node.js, you can develop fast and scalable apps.
Hence, the connection between these two domains is inevitably deep.
Also Read: Accelerating Web Application Development Using
Benefits of using Microservices
Since Microservices architecture is small focused, loosely coupled, language-neutral, and comes with a bounded context, it offers a plethora of advantages for the developers. Here are the benefits of Microservices App Development:
- Independent Development: In Microservice architecture, developers can carry out discrete development of each microservice. The development team can quickly build, test, and deploy a service.
- Independent Deployment: A worthy benefit to developers, as they can easily release new features and fix bugs without having to redeploy the entire application. Microservice architecture offers easy management and minimizes risks during feature releases and bug fixes.
- Fault Isolation: This one is a huge advantage for developers and businesses alike. If any service in the app goes down, it won’t take the entire app down with it, as could happen in the monolithic architecture.
- Mixed Tech Stack: Perhaps the unique benefit that enables developers to pick a technology that can best serve their purpose.
- Scalability: In Microservice architecture, you get granular scaling. That means you can scale up a particular service independently without the hassle of deploying multiple instances to scale in a monolithic architecture.
Some of the most famous companies already leveraging microservice architecture are Twitter, Amazon, Netflix, Uber, PayPal, SoundCloud, among others. Since microservice app architecture makes the app easy to manage, the top companies are taking complete advantage of this feature.
Also Read: Reasons to Choose Node js for Web Application Development
Benefits of using Node.js
While microservice architecture provides a lot of benefits, using Node.js has its share of benefits too. Hence, building a microservice-based app in Node.js puts you through some tangible benefits. Let us have a look at them.
- Performance improvement: Since Node.js is one of the most popular development environments, front-end developers are quite familiar with it. Also, its asynchronous architecture makes it more reliable and performance inclusive.
- Data replication: Node eases the process of replicating data, which is a fundamental requirement for microservices.
- Cost reduction: When you can just scale parts of your app using Microservices, you are entitled to cut costs when you compare it with instances in a monolithic architecture.
- Maintenance and updates: Since Node enforces a modular, service-based architecture, you can easily maintain an app, launch a new feature, and fix bugs. While in monolithic architecture, you have to rewrite code for the entire application.
- Development Workflow: Development work and time gets significantly reduced in Node when compared to the monolith. It is because you get simplified workflows due to the granular architecture of the app. As multiple small apps or nodes make up a big app, developers can quickly find their way to any fixes or development.
Also Read: 5 Upcoming Mobile App Development Trends To Watch Out For
As you can see, microservices and node.js can work in tandem to build large, complex applications that can cause a lot of difficulties as monoliths. While microservices offer independence in development and deployment, node.js offer a fast and scalable development environment.
Why Choose Oodles For Microservices App Development?
If you consider your idea a great fit for microservices, you can consult a mobile app development company such as Oodles. Our development team is well-versed in writing and deploying codes in Node.js.
Visit this link to give your idea a kickstart.
Abhinav is an avid reader which helps him in creating quality content. Doing extensive research to get in-depth idea about the topics allows him to write with efficiency. He loves completing his work in time. He is also a big sports enthusiast.