Apple Watch Kit Integration in iOS Project
Posted By : Purushottam Kumar Verma | 05-Feb-2019
Apple Watch has a wireless connection
We can also use it in our health and fitness oriented program.
It is a small and light-weight device so we can take away anywhere very easily.
The Apple Watch was officially announced on 9 September 2014 and was available to consumers in April 2015.
The Apple Watch is designed to connect with another Apple iOS device like the iPhone to push Apple Watch-specific content to the device.
Prerequisites before you begin:
To set up and use your new Apple Watch, you need to have an iPhone with the latest iOS version.
- Apple Watch Series 3 (with GPS and Cellular functionality) or later is compatible with iPhone 6 or later
- Apple Watch Series 3 (with GPS functionality) or earlier is compatible with iPhone 5s or later
- On your iPhone, go to device Settings —> Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is ON.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to
Wi-Finetwork or a cellular network.
Minimum prerequisites before you start developing your apple watch application:
- iOS 11 or above
- Xcode 8 or above
- Apple Watch and Apple Device (as of above define requirement)
Features of Apple Watch:
- Apple Pay
- Fitness and Health tracking
- Alarm, Actionable Notifications and Glances
- .Remote Control Functions
- Digital Touch Communication
- Siri voice assistant
- iTunes and Apple TV access
- Maps and navigation
Apple Watch With
We can implement
- BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- HomeKit Framework
- HealthKit framework
How to Build an Apple Watch App with WatchKit:
Open your Xcode and select “Create New Xcode Project”
Choose a “Single
Choose your product name, organisation name and select your language as per your requirement (i.e. Swift or
We are ready with our basic setup. Now perform the below steps.
Next step we have to click on File->New->Target as shown below
It will open a screen given below where you have to select watchOS->WatchKit App->Next
When you click on Next it will show a
Now you have to select
Now you are ready to
Purushottam Kumar Verma
Purushottam is an iOS application developer. He is a music lover. He believes in. "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right".