SaaS Tricks To Minimize The Cloud Security Risks
Posted By : Priyansha Sinha | 23-Aug-2018
With a surge in technological advancements, we are witnessing a major shift in the patterns of security measures. People have now started to put their faith in the cloud and are actively storing data there instead of opting for the traditional methods such as papers and files. Thankfully, the massive concern and requirements of storage platforms have heightened the levels of data security systems.
Software as a Service (SaaS) security is essentially a software framework that is used to secure and protect huge chunks of data stored in the cloud. However, minimizing the cloud security risks with SaaS is not an everyday game and you need to fully understand the features to leverage its true potential. Therefore, in this article, I am sharing few SaaS Security tips that you need to follow in order to safeguard the cloud storage data.
Also Read Cloud Testing with SaaS Testing Primer
Figure Out the SaaS Service Provider Accurately
The SaaS-based services have proliferated greatly in the recent years and have given a new path to the service providers across the globe. However, it is a tedious task to be able to pick one amongst all of them, therefore, here’s what you should rather do:
- Reach out to a provider that guarantees a good password protection system and ensures that the documents you put up there won't be easily accessible.
- Verify if the security system has an efficient user controllability and includes an improved data protection and limited accessibility.
- Before finalizing anything about your choice, cross-check for the backup, storage, and restoration of your data prior to it.
Adhering to the Standard Safety Measures
The essential advantage of using the SaaS Security system is to facilitate the optimal protection of your vital and sensitive data from the outside users. Also, it is important to follow the safety measures such as including a good antivirus software, proper data encryption, applying a strong password, and a robust password recovery solution.
Furthermore, you should also know that the SaaS specific security controls lie in one of these categories:
- Monitoring Controls- It is crucial to ensure the data security needs and prevention of any possible breach. The key to meet these requirements is through a continuous monitoring. These specifications assist in detecting the information security violations and accordingly alerts the IT professionals.
- Access Management- The users accessing your SaaS software require a valid authorization. The access controls further ensure that only approved users and devices can access your information thereby reducing risks associated with unauthorized access.
- Data Security- Implementing features such as tokenization, data encryption, and different data loss preventive measures can help secure data transmission and enforce data protection.
Evaluating the Security Systems Regularly
There is a handful of SaaS security checking systems that entirely depends on the class or type of applications that you put to use. Instead of seeking help from the third-party service providers to keep an eye on your security systems and provide evaluation results, you should consider having a private team of security checkers for your business. This can further allow you to be assured of your cloud data and its safety.
Since security is a major challenge commonly associated with any SaaS software, you should look out for building effective SaaS security platforms. And if you are determined for improving your Cloud storage reliability, we can furnish you with robust SaaS services. Let us know and we will be happy to assist you!