Debugging php files in IDE using xdebug
Posted By Ashish Sharma | 23-May-2013
1. Download xdebug from "http://xdebug.org/download.php"
2. The downloaded file contains the dll file
3. Copy the dll file to the following path "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.4.3\zend_ext"
4. Now open the php.ini file and add the following lines:
(php.ini file contains in both the folders that is apache and php, it is advisable to configure the file which is present in apache folder)
zend_extension = "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.3/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.2.0-5.4-vc9.dll"(use zend_extension_ts as variable name if you are using php version below 5.3) xdebug.remote_enable = 1 xdebug.profiler_enable = 1 xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger = 1 xdebug.profiler_output_name = cachegrind.out.%t.%p xdebug.profiler_output_dir = "c:/wamp/tmp"
5. zend_optimizer is not compatible with xdebug so comment the line in php.ini which has a zend _optimizer written in it.
6. Make sure that "c:/wamp/tmp" exist in file system, if not then create that directory
7. Restart your apache services
8. Open your NetBeans or eclipse IDE and configure xdebug in settings