A Detailed Insight in the Future Prospects of AI Human Collaboration
Posted By : Arpita Pal | 22-Sep-2023
Why AI-Human Collaboration is Witnessing an Upward Trend in Recent Years?
Exploration of AI human collaboration has presented people with alternative options existing beyond the scenario that artificial intelligence will completely replace humans in their jobs through automation. The collaboration between AI and humans has enabled the achievement of impressive feats in fields of healthcare, space exploration, creativity, education, automotive industries and many more. Ethical AI human collaboration warrants the need for humans to provide careful guidance about the direction of efforts and context in amalgamation with limitless capabilities of AI in speed, precision and intelligence, to produce work with superior functionality and ethical qualities.
Without the proper guidance of humans, AI systems cannot fill the gap of emotional quotient which is necessary for making humane decisions. Whereas without AI, humans cannot perform operations of scale that require limitless intellectual and logical capabilities. With the ability to expand and reinvent itself from errors, AI was developed to work as a complementary aid to help humans remove barriers to productivity and produce outputs that are not constrained by limitations faced by humans.
Progressive advancements in artificial intelligence have led to revolutionary concepts like augmented intelligence that help in refining the quality of human work. Further research in AI-human interaction can enable positive incorporation of AI in the workplace to break through barriers of efficiency, knowledge and productivity. This article delves into the future prospects of ethical AI human collaboration in future of work and related aspects for various industries.
Useful Benefits That Can Be Derived from AI Human Collaboration
1) Enhanced Scalability: One of the main constraints AI helps to remove for humans is to achieve scalability in their output which may have limitations if the work was solely done by humans. Industries like manufacturing industries including automotive, digital devices like mobile, laptops computers, etc, equipments and more, always run the risk of labor shortage, disruptive technologies etc. Such industries are pressed for time and resources as they have to produce large outputs to meet heavy demands. This is where collaboration with AI helps to mitigate the risk by meeting the demand requirements while maintaining standards in quality and efficiency.
2) Consistency in Precision: AI's ability to improve itself with each interaction through constant learning and expanding data libraries ensures exceptional levels of precision in detecting errors and inconsistencies in its employed field of work. One of the most recent examples of strong precision is India's 3rd Chandrayaan Mission where it successfully achieved soft landing on the lunar south pole. The ISRO scientists employed AI technologies in the lander which calculated the optimal level of velocity required for landing and adjusted itself to land softly on the lunar surface. Moreover, during the movement from the rover, it again utilized AI to safeguard itself by detecting dangerous terrains and craters to avoid falling off and destroying itself. Its successful mission is an important example of how AI human collaboration can achieve great feats like space exploration.
3) Improved Decision Making: As artificial intelligence is trained on large data sets and is constantly fed with new information, it constantly learns and improves itself to maintain relevancy throughout its period of operation. This ability proves to be a boon for AI and the human user as it is able to analyze large amounts of data in short periods of time, identify patterns and provide beneficial insights and suggestions on the problem that needs to be solved. This greatly enhances the decision-making process as the time taken to research and arrive at a constructive conclusion is reduced and since it is backed by large amounts of data, this helps in improving its credibility.
4) New Opportunities in Integrated AI-Human Jobs: We are fast propelling towards scenarios where integration of AI in our jobs would become a necessary skill for achieving performance as compared to AI being an optional complementary aid in recent times. Such collaborations would invite opening up of new fields that would focus on elevation in performance in terms of speed, scalability and comprehensive quality of work. Many scientific fields have already begun employing specialists who are experts in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning technologies to overcome limitations posed by limited knowledge and resources.
5) Enhanced Productivity: Industries are often swamped with high demands in production in shorter durations where factors such as labor shortage, limited expertise and production capabilities etc., threaten to make situations worse. The joint teamwork of artificial intelligence, machine learning and human expertise helps to ensure enhanced productivity by eliminating such factors through automation of tasks, advanced analytical insights for resolving bottlenecks in production and overall assistance in the complete process.
Industry Use Cases of Human AI Collaboration
The AI-driven clinical decision support system (AI-CDSS) employs machine learning to perform multiple healthcare tasks such as accurate diagnosis of diseases in sick patients, generating treatment plans and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone. They empower medical professionals by reducing time for performing essential tasks, and providing useful suggestions and relevant information that improve their performance. This assists them in focusing on most urgent and critical matters and reduces factors leading to burnout. They have also proven to be greatly beneficial in detecting situations where patients have required immediate assistance from doctors and nurses by accurately indicating their vitals and predicting possible causes for the distress.
The medical industry has been facing many unprecedented situations like the pandemic in recent years which has led to strong burnout in healthcare staff and medical practitioners. This has been affecting their physical and mental health along with their ability to handle large amounts of patients for overstretched periods of time. Such situations have opened up opportunities for human-AI synergy where there is a heavy demand for strong control of variables and the need for analytical and automated assistance to accurately diagnose the problem and reduce the workload of healthcare professionals.
Car manufacturing in automotive industries is a complex process driven by multiple factors such as integration of intricate and heavy parts, analytical and physical parts etc., where consistency in quality, experience, safety and performance is given the highest importance. Since it is difficult for humans to meet the requirements of greater amounts of output, alone the industry has adopted the usage of AI and robot collaboration with humans to maintain consistency in standards of quality and output.
Big names in car manufacturing such as Volkswagen, BMW etc., have already invested and have been utilizing robot and human collaboration for the production of cars. Also, companies like Mercedees-Benz have incorporated the concept of â€˜cobotsâ€™ enabled with AI, which are instructed by the industry workers to perform difficult tasks such as lifting heavy pieces of equipment that help to ensure safety for humans during the manufacturing process. Moreover, vehicle companies have been introducing AI technologies as systems within the cars that assist in improving its performance and reliability by suggesting maintenance-related functions, automated driving and providing driver's assistance. These new technologies have proven to deliver promising results for the automotive industry and cemented the place for AI human collaboration.
Long before the rise in effects of climate change, people involved in agriculture all over the world faced problems with crop diseases, water scarcity, decreasing soil fertility, shortage in labor etc., which have now been further exacerbated by global warming. With a rising population and worsened climatic conditions, farmers along with scientists have been leaning towards AI and other similar technologies like IoT, machine learning and more to maintain the level of food security and eliminate factors that threaten to reduce crop yields.
Some the main examples of technologies developed as a result of AI human collaboration in agriculture are predictive analysis, yield production, monitoring of soil and crop quality, automation of farming equipment, precision farming and many more. These applications have enabled farmers to make data-driven decisions to improve quality of their crop production, sustainability in farming, reduce overall risk and farming expenses. This has led to farmers welcoming this technology-driven change as it strengthens their ability to face unpredictable climatic conditions while practicing sustainable agriculture to reduce expenses and contribute their part in slowing down climate change.
The industry of banking serves as the backbone of the world economy dealing with multitudes of financial transactions happening every day affecting the lives of everybody. The incorporation of AI technologies in banking has revolutionized how people utilize financial services from banks. Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of monetary transactions, AI has helped to share the burden of ensuring ease of use, functionality and safety from previous technologies used in banking. AI systems such as Generative AI and chatbots powered by AI, are now directly able to interact with people, learn and expand their capabilities in assisting and resolving their issues.
With careful monitoring on customer behavior and trends, purchasing patterns, locations, etc., it is able to analyze inconsistencies in these transactions that indicate illegal behaviors such as fraud and money laundering. It can also analyze multiple variables relating to purchasing and credit history, past data regarding the customer and other factors to point out accurate credit scores. They also provide useful insight on risk mitigation and future financial plans for investments and more. Lastly on the people-dealing front, through automation of tasks, AI can provide 24/7 assistance in dealing with basic tasks such as information inquiries, opening accounts, loan approval etc.
With these advancements in technology in banking, it has provided increased customer satisfaction through swift responses, full-time availability, minimized errors etc. Through ethical banking measures, AI human collaboration in financial services can witness huge potential and growth in terms of its involvement in day-to-day transactions and the policies governing the operations of banking.
The present trends in technology-driven innovation indicate the increasing permanence of AI's contribution in how we perform our jobs. But the perception that AI might completely replace us in achieving completion of tasks is not necessarily true which can be seen by the application of joint AI-human collaboration in many industries. Ethical application of technology will always require guidance in context and decision-making from humans to make sure that tasks being performed by AI always stay in the right direction. This is why it is critical for humans to update their skillset in a manner that allows them to incorporate AI technologies into their areas of expertise. By adopting this progressive approach, people can mitigate risks and achieve excellence in their work. Moreover, with increasingly revolutionary technologies being introduced in frequent durations, humans require assistance from AI to safeguard their industries and businesses from disruptive technologies and stay ahead in the game.
How We Can Be of Help
Oodles Technologies offers advanced comprehensive solutions in AI development services that can help you transform your business through innovative automation abilities to maximize operational efficiency and elevate your overall performance. If you are looking for AI-backed solutions for your business, we would love to be your partner in resolving any related concerns you might have. You can leave us a query here, and our experts will reach out to you in 24 hours.