Online Video Streaming Platform | SmashiTv
SmashiTv is the first social media channel that addresses the Arab world on everything related to trade and business. A live digital broadcast network for everything related to trade and economics from the heart of the Arab world, it includes the most innovative publications, services, and technologies that change our lives.
Scope of Work
SmashiTv is a media company based in Dubai, UAE. They sought our services to avail a complete AWS integration solution for their product, from video upload to managing live streams. The application had the following challenges -
- Upgrading the application from Dacast to Amazon AWS.
- Creating lambda functions in AWS.
- Video cropping using FFmpeg and AWS.
- Uploading and managing videos in s3 bucket.
- Implementing OBS start-stop for Laravel code from where users can go live.
- Creating and upgrading applications for multiple platforms like android, iOS, and web.
Our team of developers(Laravel, Android, and iOS) analyzed the client’s existing application including its live streaming. As per the clients’ requirements, we moved the complete architecture to AWS for better streaming and video experience. The team used a technology stack consisting of Laravel Framework 5.8.35, Nova 2.8.0, Mysql 5.7, Android Studio 3.4 (Kotlin), and Xcode 11.3 (Swift) to overcome our client’s challenges with the following deliverables -
- Dacast updated to AWS.
- Implemented s3 bucket for saving live streams and VODs.
- Using FFmpeg for cropping videos and thumbnail selection from videos.
- Optimizing page loading with multiple videos on the same page.
- Android complete streaming App
- iOS complete streaming app.